Zinc supplement, mineral supplement and immune system aid
From A to Zinc, an Essential Mineral for Optimal Health.
How’s your zinc level? Bet you don’t get that question too often. And yet zinc is a mineral many of us are deficient in, even though it is arguably the most important mineral to our bodies. We all need healthy zinc levels to burn fat and carbohydrates and metabolize protein. Zinc is essential for aiding the immune system and important for proper cell function — which helps in the repair and growth of muscles and maintenance of skeletal systems. In short, Zinc is a mineral superstar and essential to keeping your body running at optimal levels of health.
Zinc for immunity
- Boost immunity. White blood cells, which help to fight off infection, depend upon zinc for their development and activation. A deficiency can result in a lower number of white blood cells and lessened ability to fight infection and heal wounds. Zinc supplements are often recommended for fighting colds and flu for this reason.
- Synthesize muscle and protein. Zinc is an essential mineral that helps the body to use amino acids from foods, which is required for protein synthesis. Additionally, when training to increase muscle mass — especially weight training and high intensity interval training — zinc can help enhance the conversion rate of androstenedione to testosterone.
- Increase energy levels. Zinc is also involved in the breakdown of carbohydrates, which are one of our main sources of energy. Deficiency can result in low energy levels and chronic fatigue. ELEMENTS Zinc supplements help ensure levels for high energy and a healthy metabolism.
An insufficient amount of zinc in your system can result in negative effects, such as frequently getting sick, poor concentration and always feeling tired.
Additional benefits of ELEMENTS Zinc
Adequate zinc levels are essential for fertility in both men and women. Supplementing with zinc will help improve many biological functions, including prostate health in men, and the production of estrogen and progesterone in women for strong reproductive health.
- Prenatal support. Zinc is essential for proper growth and development in a fetus. The mineral is needed for the production of estrogen and progesterone in women to support reproductive health.
- Increase testosterone levels. For men, a zinc supplement has been shown to increase testosterone levels, sperm count and sperm motility.
- Liver health support. An essential trace mineral for cellular processes, zinc is also essential for liver health. Zinc deficiencies have been linked to cirrhosis of the liver. In addition, zinc, along with selenium and milk thistle may help with metal detoxification.
Essential to human growth, zinc is key to proper cell function and lymphocyte activity.
How to take ELEMENTS Zinc
Take one tablet daily, preferably with a meal or as directed your physician.